Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Yet, Still Will I Follow

“Greater things are yet to come, greater things are still to be done in this city.” -Chris Tomlin

     I have come to a crossroads in my life, which I believe will be the end of my career as an official student. But maybe not, I’m still young. However, if I don’t have $940 within a week or so, then I am at least done with the chapter called “Being a Student at Bethany.” But I’m not worried. Actually, I am very much at peace. I know that God is leading me and he is teaching me to trust his guidance.

     I honestly feel like the quote at top of the page represents where I am right now. There are much greater things that God still has in store for me, and he knows exactly what path to take me on so that I’m ready for those bigger things. I also know that there is more in store for me here in Minneapolis, Minnesota. God told me at the beginning of the year that this was my home for now and he also told me to stay at Bethany until he specifically told me to leave. So here I stay (and learn to follow). Just so you know, I will probably be staying on campus as a Ministry Intern, which means I’ll be working on campus for free but getting room and board.

     I have grown so much in this month that I’ve had as a student. Seriously, I grown more than I did the whole previous year. (Last year was the watering. Now I’m seeing the growth.) I wouldn’t exchange it for anything… But I’m ready for what God has in store next (even if that means providing the money at the last moment and having me stay as a student). He has been healing so gently and carefully (although pain is unavoidable) of the many hurts that my soul has carried for a long time or a short time; and there is still much more to work through. But his name is Faithful and True, and he cannot deny himself… he will see me safely through.

     I rest assured in this fact: that his plans for me are mighty to behold and beautiful to see because he is the lover of my soul and my refuge.

No comments:

Post a Comment