Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 1 - Be Near oh God

Be near to me, oh God, for Your nearness is my good. Hide not Your face from me but let the light of Your countenance shine upon me. When my enemy rises up against me, to accuse and destroy me, protect me from his hand according to Your loving kindness, according to Your saving faithfulness. Lead me to Your presence, hide my face in You, that I might gaze upon Your beauty, so that I may not look upon the enemy with fear and trembling. For You alone are my rock and my redeemer. You alone can save me.


Remind me, oh Lord, that I am weak. Remind me that my days are fleeting, a passing breath upon the wind, and teach me to number my days. Teach me to make the best use of the time that You’ve given me that I might honor You with my whole life, so that all I am brings glory to Your name. For You are my only good. As a flower looks to the sun for food, to the rain for strength to grow, to the earth for support, may I look to You, Father, for my life and energy. May I look to You, Spirit, for refreshment and strength. May I look only to You, Jesus Christ Love of my Soul, as the rock upon which I stand, as my foundation and my support. Be my all in all, O Savior of all.

1 comment:

  1. let the weak say, “I am a warrior.” Joel 3:10

    Nice blog by the way

    ReplyDelete