Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 2 - I am running to You

Oh God,


Speak clearly to my heart, that I may know when You are speaking to me. Speak often so that I may learn to know Your voice. Guide me in the paths everlasting for all Your ways are righteous and You guide me in justice and in truth. I am running after You, I am seeking Your face, my Lord and Savior, my Shepherd and my Guide. Do not be far from me.

You are not like other gods that You would hide Your face, nor are You far off so that we cannot come near to You, but You are a God who is near to us. You are a God who delights to hear our prayers and to answer our pleas. Though You are seated high above the heavens, You are near to us when we call. In the congregation of Your people You dwell. So hear my plea oh God, and draw near to me. Your presence is all I am longing for. The sweet fragrance of Your breath upon my soul, the sweet melody of Your presence playing upon the strings of my heart.

Let me know You. Teach me how to search You out. Speak life to these dry bones and I will be a testimony to Your greatness. I will praise You in the assembly, and among the nations I will tell of Your Name.

1 comment: