Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Shine, child

I once had a dream. This dream included owning a microwave in my home and a kitchen stocked with foods that I know well. In this dream, I had a ‘real’ bathroom and hot water in my shower. It involved traveling to the places that I wanted, when I wanted, without rules or restraints or having to be ‘culturally-aware.’ It included following my own passions and maybe making a name for myself on this earth.

And God said to me, “Of what use will it be that you had a microwave when you get to eternity? What will it matter then that you ate the food which you were accustomed to, rather than food which others among my children eat?”

‘she did not know that she was wishing for nothing more, and something a little less, than the kingdom of heaven…’ gmd

And He said to me, “Child, I love you and for this reason I cannot stand by and watch you waste the moments given to you in this world. What are you doing, following your own passions? If you were to become known, do you think those people who have heard your name will stand before me on your behalf? Will they be alive in even 100 years to keep your name alive?”

And then He said to me, “Beloved, I will be there to stand before God on your behalf. I have already given my life blood as the blood-price for your life and your freedom. Why do you turn from me and remain enslaved?”
 

‘God is an ever flowing fountain of pure love and blessedness...’ andrew murray


So I should say that God did not take my dream away from me. He received it from my hands and replaced it with a grander view of eternity. He gave me a wider scope to see the purpose in having such a short time in this life.

He replaced it with life. With a love that no human could have the capacity to give in a thousand-and-one lifetimes. No human except the Man-God, Jesus.

'it was rather like looking down from a high hill onto a rich, lovely plain...' csl

This is just a blog of me reminding myself. When the days get long. When I lay awake at night.  When I miss having the known around me. Or the comfort of knowing what to expect. Or what to say. When I start thinking of what could have been.
 
It’s a reminder to me that what will be is far greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment