Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 6 - Sing Over Me

You created the melody and harmony, You strung the notes of the songs one by one. You dwell in the worship of Your people, in the praises of a pure heart. So create in me a pure heart, oh God, and renew a right spirit within. Place a new song in my heart, write my life song to the beat of Your heart. Make the melody of my life be a harmony to Your great song that You are writing in the universe. Sing over me Your song of love.


Father, be near to me. Speak the language of me heart; break down the walls that keep me from hearing You when You speak. Let me hear and accept the truths that You have for me. Tell me who I am, for I do not know on my own and I need Your words of life. I need to hear. I must know Your voice or I cannot live. Without the joy of Your presence, I am already dead. Without the comfort of Your Spirit, I cannot exist. Without Your love, I will wither away and die. But I rest in the fact that You will never leave me or take Your presence from me. I trust in You. I know who You are, for You have told me and You do not lie. You are not a man that You would lie; that You would fail me.

How I love You, Lord! Because You have loved me, I am able to love. All good that I am, or have, or hope to be comes from You. You are the only good thing. Therefore make Your face shine upon me and grant me shalom.

1 comment: