Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day 8 - Take me to the Oil Press

In the day of my trouble, be near to me. You are near to the brokenhearted and You save the crushed in spirit.


So take me to Gethsemane, to the oil press. Take me to the place of suffering if that’s what it takes to produce in me the oil of intimacy with You. Your presence is what I long for, You are all that I need. So strip away the rest. I do not know what I am truly asking for, I do not know what the depth of this prayer is, but I ask that You not stop until You have taken me to the place of brokenness. I know that this is what I need to be wholly and completely Yours. To be completely dedicated to You.
When You return, I want to have oil in my lamp. I want to have intimacy with You. I must have You. So I will watch for You, O my Strength, I will wait for You as the watchman waits for dawn. I cry out to You, Elohim Adonai. I cry out to God who fulfills His purpose for me. I know that You will arise, and the righteous shall be glad before You.

My Father, Abba, You alone know what is best for me, even more than I do. Take me through the valley now, so that I may rejoice before You in that day. Be thou my Vision, be my focus.

1 comment: